Blog Archive

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Casting - Yung

Richard Young

It would seem that we have had a few character names that correlate with the names of the actor and Richard is no exception! Richard, as a person, is the mountaineering type, and he has had experience climbing several mountains in the Snowdonia region of Wales. This was how I got to know Richard, amongst a great snowstorm at the top of a mountain, I knew that he was the man we were looking for to play Yung. To test this theory I worked with him on the Preliminary Task, and once that was over I knew we had our man. Yung's character is impatient, quick to anger, and eager to please, and Richard could really portray this role to the highest quality. He is slightly bigger than the other actors, and we plan to use this to develop his character in the two minutes. I have seen Richard act a major part in the play 'A Beautiful Thing' in which he played a teenage boy coming to terms with the fact that he was a homosexual. This acting was stunning, and I could see that he was indeed, born to be a star. His role in 'Sins of the Martyr' will certainly be remembered for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment